Infinity Ward’s latest patch notes for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone are highlighted by a long-awaited way to reduce Call of Duty‘s file size on PC.
By following these steps listed on the Infinity Ward website, players are able to selectively uninstall parts of the Call of Duty package on PC. While the website notes that you’re not able to uninstall Warzone as part of this method (which is interesting), you are able to uninstall Modern Warfare‘s campaign, multiplayer, and Special Ops modes. That’s big news for Warzone players who only play the battle royale as well as Call of Duty multiplayer fans who no longer need the campaign on their computers.
The rest of the patch notes are fairly uneventful:
- Ground War
- Deathmatch Domination + Drop Zone
- Gun Game TDM
- HQ Firefight – teams can add to their score by capturing the headquarters and also by getting kills
- Removing Blood Money Quads
- Adding Plunder Quads
- Fix for an issue where the “next unlocks” section was showing attachments out of order
- Fixed an issue where teammates could spawn inside a closed off room on Broadcast
- Fix for a bug where viewing the “Nevermore” execution in the menu could sometimes cause the animal model to get stuck
- Fixed a bug where grenades could fall through the floor in the Foreman’s Office while on Mialstor Tank Factory
- Fixed a lighting issue with the “Gilded Arm” variant from the Season Six Battle Pass
- Fix for an issue where players could experience a crash after reaching wave 45 or higher in Survival mode
- Improved stability for PC
- Increased minimum damage at range on the Kar98 in Warzone
- Reduced minimum damage at range on the SP-R 208 in Warzone
- Fixes to help improve volume levels with War Tracks slider
- Fixes to help prevent players from dying while completing the Subway puzzle
- Fix for a bug where players might not be able to access Bunker 11
- Fixed a gas mask bug when players attempt to complete the Station puzzle
- Fix for a bug where using a self-revive near the doors on the subway train, they will clip out of the train but still be transferred to the next station
- Fix for a collision bug near the entrance of the underground road on the West side of the airport
- If a player dies post doors closing of the subway car, they will be pulled out of gulag by the fast travel system and then pulled back into gulag for a match once it is their turn. This has been fixed
- Fix for an issue where the player’s view could be forcibly moved when exiting a vehicle or parachuting
- Fixed a bug where players could experience a crash after engaging with a Bounty contract
As you can see, the bulk of this update is designed to target some of the game’s most problematic bugs. You may notice that this patch doesn’t list a fix for the “stim glitch” that essentially allowed Warzone players to live indefinitely, but Infinity Ward previously noted that they fixed that glitch via a separate update. These patch notes also don’t mention any specific fixes for the latest “gun glitch” which can severely impact the player’s view, especially while they’re spectating.
Interestingly, these patch notes also don’t mention that a new shotgun has been added to the game. Fortunately, fans have discovered that you just need to get three hipfire shotgun kills in seven different matches in order to unlock the JAK-12.