Call of Duty Season 6 Patch Notes Tease Upcoming Halloween Event
Call of Duty's Season 6 update gets into the Halloween spirit ahead of the November release of Cold War.
The patch notes for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare‘s Season 6 update (1.27) have finally been revealed by Activision and Infinity Ward.
Most of the major new Season 6 updates won’t be found in the technical patch notes. For instance, Warzone‘s Verdansk map has just been updated with a new subway system that lets you bounce around key points on the map. Warzone players are also now able to enjoy an Armoured Royale mode which is essentially a vehicle-focused take on Warzone‘s chaotic battle royale gameplay. Elsewhere, Modern Warfare fans can run around a couple of new multiplayer maps as well as a recently uploaded “Killstreak Confirmed” multiplayer mode.
Horror buffs may be excited to see that this Season 6 update gets into the spirit of the season. Not only is there a new vampire bat finishing move you can unlock via the battle pass, but Infinity Ward is teasing a special Haunting of Verdansk event that will run from October 20 to November 3. While Activision and Infinity Ward haven’t revealed the details of this event as of yet, recent leaks suggest that it will likely bring an endless night option to the Warzone map and could even add zombies to the battle royale for a limited time.
For a better look some of the Season 6 content coming to Warzone and Modern Warfare, be sure to check out this recently released roadmap:
As for the patch notes, you should expect too many major updates right out of the gate. Much like most of the updates that accompany a new CoD season, these patch notes largely focus on bug fixes and minor tweaks. Shotguns received a slight buff in Warzone (and the Origin 12 has been nerfed slightly in the same mode) but substantial balance changes typically don’t come until later in the season.
- Ground War
- Gunfight Blueprint Customs
- Face Off – Station
- Killstreak Confirmed
- Season Six Mish Pit – Season Six maps Broadcast and Mialstor Tank Factory in mosh pit game modes
- BR Quads
- BR Trios
- BR Duos
- BR Solos
- Plunder Trios
- Armored Royale Quads
- C4: Slight delay when performing a quick detonation. A beep will now play when quick detonation is triggered. Also reduced throw initial velocity by 30%
- Fix for a bug where, after reviving a teammate in Survival, there will be a 5 second delay before the user is able to use their weapon again
- Fix for an issue where players could obtain unlimited Stopping Power rounds
- Fix for an issue where the defending player had a long respawn timer after the HQ was taken back and all players were dead while in a Headquarters match
- Fix for an issue where it was possible to put a molotov or grenade into a planted bomb causing it to kill the defusing player
- Fix for two issues where the player’s watch and/or Heartbeat Sensor would not be entirely visible when using the XRK Chainsaw attachment on the Finn LMG
- Fix for a bug where explosive and thermite rounds do not function as intended on the Chronic variant from the Blunt Force II bundle
- Fixed an issue where the muzzle selection screen for the Finn LMG was hard to view in the Gunsmith menu
- Fixed an issue where the player’s left hand will not properly grip the weapon when the 23.0” Romanian barrel is equipped on the AK
- Fixed a few bugs where the prone hipfire viewmodel positioning was not appearing as intended and could disappear in certain circumstances
- Origin 12: Reduced very close damage in Warzone
- Shotguns: Increased damage of slugs in Warzone
- XRK ChainSAW – FiNN LMG:
- Adding a description in Gunsmith nothing the attachment does not allow for weapon mounting
- Increased brightness on the Tac Laser attachment
- Fixed a collision issue in the south corner of the Stadium
- Fix for an issue where a fence with a white tarp over it near the Hospital was allowing players to see through it on one side
- Fix for an issue where, on occasion, the train would appear as a white placeholder icon on the map
- Implemented fixes to help properly track Warzone wins
- Fixed a bug where players were unable to damage enemies with gunfire while on an ascender
- If a player has their minimap set to not rotate, they will see inaccurate pings on the heartbeat sensor. This has been fixed
- Fix for a rare issue where the Train’s supply boxes could vanish during longer rounds
- NVIDIA Reflex is now available in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, including Warzone, and will deliver latency improvements in GPU-intensive gaming scenarios on GeForce GTX 900 and higher NVIDIA graphics cards
- Improved stability and performance
While the upcoming release of Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War will likely make this the last substantial Modern Warfare multiplayer update, Warzone will seemingly survive the franchise’s yearly rotation process and continue to thrive as one of the battle royales on the market.