When Nintendo and Game Freak teased the next generation of Pokémon, audiences had little to go on beyond the starters, the names of the games, and very brief glimpses of game footage. Still, many Pokémon fans fell in love with what they saw, and now they have even more reasons to get psyched.
Earlier today, Nintendo released a new trailer for Pokémon Scarlet and Violet. That new preview displays more of the game world, new Professors (yes, Professors plural, not singular like in previous entries), four-player multiplayer, and even a release date (November 18, 2022). But, we all know why most gamers will play these upcoming titles: the Pokémon themselves. Since Scarlet and Violet are new entries in the immortal franchise, they will each introduce new capturable creatures that players can train, fall in love with, and use to shake up the existing competitive meta. The trailer offers a glimpse at some of the new and returning Pokémon trainers can expect.
Here are all of the Pokémon on display in the latest Pokémon Scarlet and Violet trailer.
Where to Find Every Pokémon in The Scarlet and Violet Trailer
- Sprigatito, Quaxly, and Fuecoco : The new starters of Pokémon Scarlet and Violet first show up at 0:24 and appear throughout the video, mostly in battles.
- Pawmi: The first non-starter Pokémon in the video is an electric mouse named Pawmi. This Pikachu clone shows up at 0:38, during what will likely be the players’ first Pokémon battle in the game. Unlike other not-Pikachus, Pawmi generates electricity in its front paws, not its cheeks.
- Pikachu: What Pokémon game would be complete without its series mascot Pikachu? This ever-present face appears at 0:51 to demonstrate Pokémon Scarlet and Violet’s four-player multiplayer functionality.
- Fletchling and Talonflame: Generation VI’s signature tiny bird, Fletchling, pops up at 1:02, and the creature’s final form, Talonflame, also appears at 1:54. It probably goes without saying that their transitional form, Fletchinder, will also appear in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet.
- Flaafy: Like Fletchling, Flaafy appears in the trailer, this time at 1:04. Odds are its pre-evolution and final evolutions, Mareep and Ampharos, will also show up.
- Smoliv: Smoliv is yet another new face in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet. These tiny Budew-like Pokémon appear at 1:05 as the main character slowly creeps up on them. According to Smoliv’s Pokedex entry, the creature can shoot oil out of its head that slows enemies down.
- Lechonk: This rotund piggy Pokémon pops up at 1:18 and helps show off battle UI for Pokémon Scarlet and Violet. Many commenters have expressed their love for Lechonk, and one of the most upvoted responses asks for Lechonk to evolve into a Pokémon called “Lethicc.” Fun fact: “Lechón” is a common Spanish nickname for piglets.
- Chewtle: The Pokémon Scarlet and Violet trailer demonstrate that, as is tradition, players can challenge many NPCs to battles. At 1:31, a young Trainer throws out a Chewtle, the Water-type turtle Pokémon that first appeared in Pokémon Sword and Shield. Chewtle’s evolution, Drednaw, will also be in the Scarlet and Violet.
- Larvitar and Bagon: Trading is a vital part of the Pokémon franchise, and the Scarlet and Violet trailer uses Larvitar and Bagon to demonstrate how the feature will work. These two pseudo-legendaries only appear at 1:41 during the trading animation, which might imply they are version exclusives. Of course, Larvitar’s and Bagon’s respective evolved forms (Pupitar, Tyranitar, Shelgon, and Salamence) will probably show up in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet, too.
- Venonat: Venonat only hops around for a split second at 1:45. Its evolution, Venomoth, appearing in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet is a foregone conclusion.
- Coalossal: Coalossal trudges along in the Pokémon Scarlet and Violet trailer at 1:47. Its pre-evolutions, Rolycoly and Carkol, will likely follow.
- Toxapek: A Toxapek hangs out on a beach at 1:48, which implies that its pre-evolution, Mareanie, will also show up.
- Cryogonal: A few Crygonal hang about at 1:49. That’s all they do.
- Gengar: At 1:51, a Gengar shows up to use what appears to be Shadow Ball, as well as tweaked battle animations. Longtime Pokémon fans can probably look forward to Gastly and Haunter in Scarlet and Violet.
- Lurantis: Like Gengar, Lurantis appears in the trailer, this time at 1:53, to show off an attack, possibly Petal Blizzard, and improved animations. Of course, players can also expect Lurantis’ pre-evolution, Fomantis, as well.
- Koraidon and Miraidon: Every Pokémon game has at least one legendary, and according to the trailer, Scarlet and Violet will have two. These Pokémon are Koraidon and Miraidon, and they show up at 2:22 and 2:24, respectively. Koraidon is a ruby-colored creature with long feathers, while Miraidon is a violet-colored monster that is purely mechanical and gets around with hoverjets. Despite their differences, Koraidon and Miraidon share a similar snake-like body plan, long shoulder frills, and a disc-like neck protuberance. Many viewers theorize these legendaries are two sides of the same coin: Koraidon represents the past, and Miraidon represents the future.
Which Pokémon from the trailer are you excited for the most? Let us know in the comments below.