Another virtual edition of Sci-Fi Explosion will bring you real-life fun and prizes this week!
Boo! Now that we’ve got your attention, it’s time for a huge announcement. I had such a great time collaborating with Den of Geek last month on a comedic tour of the Warner Archive last month in my Sci-Fi Explosion show, that we’re doing it again this Friday, October 16th at 8:30pm EDT. Once again there will be plenty of strange and cool video clips, as well as prizes to be won when you watch my tuning in to our Twitch stream.
Watching is obviously great, but we really want you to get in on the action by participating in the group chat which, if last time was any indication, will be a hilariously goofy interactive experience.
I’ll be hosting the festivities once again, though the true star will be the Warner Archive titles that will be showcased in the show. Since 2009 the Warner Archive Collection has been bringing you titles from their incredible catalog to Blu-ray and DVD, manufactured on-demand. As a result, thousands of great titles from Warner Bros. have been made available on physical media for future generations to discover and love.
Of course, since this is the time of year in which we honor all things spoopy and spooky (and the distance between the two), horror films will be the primary focus this time around — from some of Christopher Lee’s finest performances as Dracula to an overview of the Flintstones’ scariest adventures.
In other words, this is going to be a fun-packed show that will be an unmissable part of your Halloween season celebrations.
Featured segments will include:
- A remembrance of the classic 1970s TV movies Are You Afraid of the Dark? and Bad Ronald.
- A look at the 1990 version of The Witches, one of the last projects Jim Henson worked on before his death and a compelling adaptation of the spooky masterpiece by Roald Dahl.
- The fun-packed frights of vintage cartoons like The Funky Phantom and Goober and the Ghost Chasers. (Two shows where the 1970s never ended!)
- Segments on sci-fi creepy classics ranging from Time After Time to The Hidden to The Thing from Another World — all of which are contemporary favorites.
- A celebration of the new Space Ghost and Dino Boy: The Complete Series Blu-ray.
- Unforgettable sci-fi and horror trailers that showcase the greatness of the Warner Archive, during this season of Halloween scares and always.
- And more!
It’s going to be an evening of huge laughs and thrills, and one that you aren’t going to want to miss. It all takes place this Friday night, October 16th, at 8:30pm EDT on our Twitch channel. (Click here for the Facebook event). And be sure to pay close attention to the show for your opportunity to win products from the Warner Archive via trivia questions that I’ll be asking in the Twitch chat.
This Sci-Fi Explosion is going to be one for the ages. Don’t miss it!