Universal has been counting the cash with its latest dinosaur adventure, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. While the film has received mixed reviews, it’s accrued almost $1.2 billion at the global box office thus far. That’s down on Jurassic World, but apparently up on expectations for the sequel.
The film is expected to be a sizeable DVD and Blu-ray hit, too. Universal is lining up a disc release for the film on Sept. 18, following a digital release on Sept. 4. You’ll be able to get the home release on Blu-ray, DVD, 3D Blu-ray, and 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray.
The home release will also feature more than an hour of bonus content – including Chris Pratt’s behind-the-scenes “Jurassic Journals” captured on-set. Here are the rest of the bonus features:
BONUS FEATURES EXCLUSIVE TO 4K ULTRA HD, BLU-RAY & DIGITAL:
- The KINGDOM Evolves – Filmmakers discuss how the second chapter in the Jurassic World trilogy pushes the franchise in a new direction.
- Return to Hawaii – Cast and crew discuss shooting the film in Hawaii.
- Island Action – A behind-the-scenes look at the bunker scene and runaway gyrosphere sequence.
- Aboard the Arcadia – Cast and crew discuss working with the animatronic dinosaurs.
- Start the Bidding! – A behind-the-scenes look at the auction scene.
BONUS FEATURES ON DVD, 4K ULTRA HD, BLU-RAY & DIGITAL:
- On Set with Chris & Bryce – Go behind the scenes with Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard.
- Birth of the Indoraptor – An inside look at the genetically designed monstrosity known as the Indoraptor.
- Death by Dino – Go behind the scenes as the Indoraptor faces off with a key character.
- Monster in a Mansion – Director J.A. Bayona discusses how Jurassic Park and Dracula (1979) influenced his approach to directing the monster in a mansion scene.
- Rooftop Showdown – A look at the terrifying showdown on the rooftop of the Lockwood Mansion.
- Malcolm’s Return – Behind the scenes with the one & only Jeff Goldblum.
- VFX Evolved – The team at ILM discuss their cutting-edge approach to creating dinosaurs.
- FALLEN KINGDOM: The Conversation – Filmmakers and cast sit down for a candid and casual conversation about Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.
- A Song for the KINGDOM – Justice Smith sings for the cast and crew of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.
- Chris Pratt’s Jurassic Journals
- JURASSIC Then and Now – Presented by Barbasol® – Key moments from the Jurassic saga that tie into Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.
Fans who want every Jurassic Park adventure to date can also pick up the five-movie collection, which available on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and DVD, on Sept. 18. The box set includes Jurassic Park, The Lost World: Jurassic Park, Jurassic Park III, Jurassic World, and Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.
For those of you who haven’t yet had the chance to check out Jurassic Park: Fallen Kingdom in theaters, here’s the synopsis:
Three years after the destruction of the Jurassic World theme park, Owen Grady and Claire Dearing return to the island of Isla Nublar to save the remaining dinosaurs from a volcano that’s about to erupt. They soon encounter terrifying new breeds of gigantic dinosaurs, while uncovering a conspiracy that threatens the entire planet.
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom sees the return of Chris Pratt as Owen Grady and Bryce Dallas Howard as Claire Dearing. B.D. Wong also returns as the morally questionable Dr. Wu. However, the most exciting of returns is Jeff Goldblum reprising his stuttering stud, Dr. Ian Malcolm. Now that’s chaos!
Read the Den of Geek SDCC 2018 Special Edition Magazine Here!