Thanksigiving still hasn’t arrive, yet we suspect countless children (and maybe just as many adults) are ready to build a snowman. Indeed, Frozen 2 has arrived. Six years after the original film captured the imagination of the youngest generation—and put its enchanted songbook into everyone else’s head, whether they wanted it there or not—Anna and Elsa are back. And with them comes the unenviable task of crafting a Frozen 2 soundtrack on par with the original.
Luckily, Walt Disney Animation Studios has compiled the same songwriting team as the original with Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez, as well as score composer Christophe Beck. Additionally, the vocal talent that made the original “Let It Go” so empowering is also ready for an encore. Yep, Tony winner Idina Menzel returns as Queen Elsa, and Disney has been so good as to release both her and Kristen Bell‘s power ballads online.
If you want to see some of the music with animation, the below video is a mini-trailer of Frozen 2 that includes more than a few bars of “Into the Unknown,” Elsa’s new anthem about traveling into the great land beyond Arendelle.
We also have the complete song list for Frozen 2, including both of Menzel’s power ballads, the other being “Show Yourself.” Other songs include an ensemble piece led by Bell entitled “Some Things Never Change” and Kristoff/Jonathan Groff’s long overdue solo, “Lost in the Woods.”
Here is the full track listing.
1. “All is Found” – performed by Evan Rachel Wood
2. “Some Things Never Change” – performed by Kristen Bell, Idina Menzel, Josh Gad and Jonathan Groff
3. “Into the Unknown” – performed by Idina Menzel (featuring Norwegian singer AURORA)
4. “When I Am Older” – performed by Josh Gad
5. “Reindeer(s) are Better than People (Cont.)” – performed by Jonathan Groff
6. “Lost in the Woods” – performed by Jonathan Groff
7. “Show Yourself” – performed by Idina Menzel and Evan Rachel Wood
8. “The Next Right Thing” – performed by Kristen Bell
9. “Into the Unknown” – performed by Panic! At The Disco (end credits)
10. “All is Found” – performed by Kacey Musgraves (end credits)
11. “Lost in the Woods” – performed by Weezer (end credits)
12. “All is Found” – performed by Evan Rachel Wood (Outtake)
13. “Home” – performed by Kristen Bell (Outtake)
14. “I Seek the Truth” – Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Patti Murin (Outtake)
15. “Unmeltable Me” – Josh Gad (Outtake)
16. “Get This Right” – Kristen Bell and Jonathan Groff (Outtake)
Also, if you haven’t seen the film and just want a sampling without spoiling all the music, check out the first clip of Josh Gad’s Olaf singing his new song, “When I am Older.”
Frozen II is the first feature film that Anderson-Lopez and Lopez have worked on after winning their Oscar for “Let It Go.” Bobby Lopez also is a Tony winner for his work on Avenue Q and The Book of Mormon.
Frozen II picks up with Elsa, Anna, Kristoff, Olaf, and Sven living in relative tranquility after the events of the first film. The kingdom is at peace under Elsa’s rule until a supernatural force not caused by Elsa’s powers threatens Arendelle again, and to solve the mystery the sisters will travel into a land of perpetual autumn… and along the way learn the secrets of their parents’ apparent deaths.
Frozen II is in theaters now.