New Game of Thrones season 3 characters revealed
Game of Thrones’ executive producers have released a list of new faces we can expect to pop up in season three…
Not only are we getting an extra ten minutes in Sunday's season two finale, but showrunners David Benioff and D.B Weiss have kindly supplied us with a list of new characters we can expect to welcome for Game of Thrones' third series.
Season three is to be adapted from part or all of George R.R. Martin’s A Storm of Swords, though readers of the Song of Ice and Fire books will notice that some on the list below make their first appearance in the second novel, A Clash of Kings. The following new names have been confirmed to be on their way in season three:
– Mance Rayder: We’ve heard about him all season. A former member of the Night’s Watch who became the “King Beyond the Wall,” the leader of the Wildlings.
– Daario Naharis: A confident and seductive warrior.
– Jojen Reed; Meera Reed: A teenage brother and sister duo with special insights.
– Edmure Tully: A brash young member of the Tully family.
– Ser Brynden Tully (The Blackfish): Catelyn’s uncle.
– Lady Selyse Florent: Stannis Baratheon’s wife.
– Shireen: Stannis’ daughter.
– Olenna Redwyne (The Queen of Thorns): Margaery Tyrell’s sharp-witted grandmother.
– Beric Dondarrion: A skilled knight who is the leader of the outlaw group Brotherhood Without Banners.
– Thoros of Myr: A red priest who follows the same religion as Melisandre.
– Tormund Giantsbane: A Wildling raider.
It’s not an exhaustive list, according to Benioff and Weiss, as that would spoil some of the fun, but it does give us plenty to be going on with. Casting hopes, anyone?