News round-up: Jurassic Park, John Carter Of Mars, Happy Feet 2, Warcraft and Green Lantern
A round-up of some of the stories of the last few days that you might have missed….
We haven't done this for a while - here's a quick round up of some more interesting news stories that have popped up over the past couple of days...
* Plans are afoot for a new trilogy of Jurassic Park films, according to director Joe Johnston, who made the third movie in the series. Talking to BoxOffice.com, Johnston said, "Well, there is going to be a Jurassic Park IV. And it's going to be unlike anything you've seen. It breaks away from the first three - it's essentially the beginning of the second Jurassic Park trilogy. It's going to be done in a completely different way. That's pretty much all I can tell you". You can read the full interview here.
* Production on Happy Feet 2 is underway. We weren't that keen on the first film, to be honest, but it turned into a huge international smash hit for director George Miller. As such, Matt Damon and Brad Pitt will join Elijah Wood and Robin Williams in voicing duties for the follow up, reports Movieline. The release is set for November 18th 2011.
* Shooting has begin on Disney's movie of John Carter Of Mars. Based on Edgar Rice Burroughs' Barsoom series, the film will mix in live action and animation, under the director of Andrew Stanton (Wall-E, Finding Nemo). The cast features Willem Dafoe, Samantha Morton and Dominic West, and the film will hit cinemas in 2012.
* The Warcraft movie is at the story and outline stage, according to an interview with producer Rob Tapert at If Magazine. But will Sam Raimi be directing? "I think he's getting his feet under him and trying to decide. He might want to do a teeny, tiny small film, but I don't know what he wants to do. I know he had a great time doing Drag Me To Hell," said Tapert. Here's the interview.
* Finally, according to MTV, Mark Strong - last seen in Sherlock Holmes - is leading the running to play baddie Sinestro in Martin Campbell's upcoming film of The Green Lantern. The Green Lantern himself is being played by Ryan Reynolds, and the film will be shooting shortly.