News round-up: Teen Wolf remake, Sgt Rock, I Frankenstein, Cowboys & Aliens, Mad Max
Lots of new stories rounded up in one convenient place. We don’t like the look of that Teen Wolf remake, though…
* The Teen Wolf remake is going ahead, with MTV pushing the project forward. A director has been found, with Russell Mulcahy - of Highlander fame - stepping up for the job. His cast will include Tyler Posey, Crystal Reed and Dylan O'Brien.
* Those awaiting the Sgt Rock comic book adaptation may want to look away now. Talking to the Los Angeles Times, producer Joel Silver has revealed that the film isn't going to be set in World War II. Instead, the action is going to be transplanted "a little bit into the future". The latest draft of the script is reportedly imminent. Read more here.
* Some of the team behind the Underworld franchise are set to tackle I, Frankenstein next. The film is billed as a fantasy thriller set in the modern day, where supernatural creatures are set to take on the world. Standing in their way? The monster created by Victor Frankenstein all those years ago. It's based on the graphic novel by Kevin Grevioux.
* After Robert Downey Jr dropped out of Jon Favreau's next film post-Iron Man 2 - Cowboys & Aliens - it was revealed that Daniel Craig would be stepping in his shoes, presumably squeezing the movie in before the next Bond shoot at the end of the year. Joining him will be Olivia Wilde, next to be seen in Tron Legacy. The film is based on the graphic novel by Fred Van Lente and Andrew Foley. The shoot is set to become later this year.
* Finally, the latest casting rumour for George Miller's new Mad Max film is that Patrick Stewart might be joining in the action. The shoot is due to start in the next couple of months, and while Stewart's involvement is unconfirmed, it should become clearer very shortly...