Game Of Thrones season 4 DVD & Blu-Ray release date
US fans will be able to buy Game Of Thrones' fourth season on DVD and Blu-Ray from February the 17th 2015...
February the 17th is the date for our US Game Of Thrones-watching chums to write on a mental Post-It Note. That's when the snazzy season four DVD and Blu-Ray sets (see images below) will be released stateside.
No UK release date has yet been announced, though all things being equal, we can expect to hear the satisfying thud of a bubble-wrapped box-set arriving through the letter box around a week later over here.
Here are details of the extras and special features to expect, taken from the official press bumf:
"Available February 17, 2015 on Blu-ray with Digital Copy ($79.98), DVD ($59.99) and Digital HD, Game of Thrones: The Complete Fourth Season is packed with exclusive new bonus content including roundtable discussions, on-set interviews, audio commentaries, and brand new animated histories giving fans hours of extensive, never-before-seen material.
Blu-ray with Digital Copy – includes all DVD features plus:
- In-Episode Guide – In-feature resource that provides background information about on-screen characters, locations and relevant histories.
- Histories & Lore – Learn about the mythology of Westeros as told from the varying perspectives of the characters themselves.
- Behind the Battle for the Wall – Follow the cast and crew as they create the most ambitious battle to date. This 30-minute documentary explores the challenges of putting together one of the series’ most intense episodes, with never-before-seen material.
- The Fallen: A Roundtable – Writer Bryan Cogman sits down with a few of the many cast members who meet their demise in Season 4. From first learning of their deaths to shooting their final scenes, this 30-minute feature will shed light on what it’s like to live-and die-in the Game of Thrones world.
- The Politics of Power: A Look Back at Season 3 – Revisit the brutal events of Season 3 to see power shifts that define Westeros at the start of Season 4.
- Bastards of Westeros – Hear showrunners David Benioff & D.B. Weiss and author George R.R. Martin discuss the role bastards play in the Seven Kingdoms.
- Deleted/Extended Scenes – Two deleted scenes.
- Audio Commentaries – Commentaries with cast and crew including showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss, A Song of Ice and Fire author George R.R. Martin, Sophie Turner, Maisie Williams, Pedro Pascal, Aiden Gillen and more!"
Follow our Twitter feed for faster news and bad jokes right here. And be our Facebook chum here.